"There's just no accounting for happiness, or the way it turns up like a prodigal who comes back to the dust at your feet having squandered a fortune far away." (Jane Kenyon)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Church Hair



Maybe it's because I had Mary Lou Retton hair all growing up, you know, short, cropped, feathered, pure awesomeness that only those of us raised in the 80s can appreciate, but I love playing with my girls' hair. And without any sisters to practice on growing up, I've just had to learn as I go. I can't braid to save my life, so buns it is. Maybe closer together next time?
(Eleanor is almost 9 yrs old, and therefore way too cool to have matching hair with her sisters.)

4 comments:

Hilary said...

This reminds me of the time when my cool older cousin would give me makeovers and do my hair and makeup. Remember those days? Good times.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, Ann! Thanks for the pictures.

o charm said...

you're one of THOSE mothers? that has time for that on sunday morning? how do you do it???
i'm lucky to get my girls' hair combed before we go out the door.

their hair is just gorgeous, no matter what you do with it. such lucky girls.

Holly said...

I'll teach you how to braid (except I still need to learn how to french braid), if you teach me how to do buns.

Blog Archive